Bands to See
Because I Said So
Wednesday, May 7
9pm: Mobina Galore @ Cherry Cola’s
11pm: Brody Dalle @ Horseshoe
11pm: Rehan Dalal @ Hideout
1am: The Standstills @ Bovine
Thursday, May 8
8pm: Seas @ Adelaide Hall
12am: Kashka @ Czehoski
1am: The Flatliners @ Sneaky Dee’s
Friday, May 9
8pm: Robyn Dell’Unto @ The Vault
9pm: Fade Chromatic @ Rancho Relaxo
10:15pm: Donovan Woods @ The Vault
12am: The Balconies @ Horseshoe
1:20am: Tupper Ware Remix Party @ Lee’s Palace
Saturday, May 10
4:40pm: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard @ Horseshoe
9pm: Mad June @ Bovine
10pm: Organ Thieves @ Lee’s Palace
11pm: Your Favourite Enemies @ Hard Rock Cafe
12am: Wildlife @ Adelaide Hall
12am: The ’92 Blue Jays @ Handlebar
Where is that venue? Find it here.
You Probably Missed
1. Makeshift Innocence tearing the room up (literally), mixing the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme into Sublime’s ‘What I Got’
2. Rehan Dalal “destroying the place” with his John Mayer/Stevie Wonder groove. Oh, and his sax player working a bit of ‘Careless Whisper’ into every solo.
3. Jasper Sloan Yip using a $4 banjo to pack the house on his first visit to Toronto. Also, his endearing nuzzling of the mic to push his glasses back up his sweaty face.
4. Freeman Dre & The Kitchen Party‘s impromptu song about Kitchener-Waterloo during soundcheck. It’s not one town, it’s two…
5. Little City‘s guitarist Shaun giving us all a heart attack, rocking spastically at the top edge of the staircase (facing the wrong way, of course) before jumping out into the audience.
Other performances of note (and artists you should definitely check out):