As Experienced by Yours Truly
1. Sitting on stage at Massey Hall, 10 feet behind Dan Hill as he sang “Sometimes When We Touch” and Randy Bachman’s performance of “Taking Care of Business” (The crowd went nuts!)
2. Hearing Randy Bachman talk about how “These Eyes” used to be “These Arms” in his dressing room before Songwriters’ Circle.
3. Sharing a mutual love for Sarah Slean with Royal Wood (her husband).
4. Dallas Green kicking kids out for fighting during the City & Colour set at JUNO Block Party. Seriously, who fights during a City & Colour set? Probably the same douche who tried to start a mosh pit at Tegan and Sara’s show last year…
5. Standing around outside for almost 5 hours in -20something weather for the Block Party, wearing a small volunteer T-shirt pulled over my winter coat. Ok, probably not my finest moment.
6. Cheering on favourite friends, bands and hockey players at JUNO Cup. Oh, and finally meeting Carlton the Bear!
7. Holding a real (and super heavy) JUNO award as the “Trophy Manager” during the Non-Broadcast JUNO Gala. Sooo glad I didn’t drop it.
8. Getting to escort Neil Young from the stage after his win at said Gala. Arcade Fire won later in the night, I was like a mother duck leading all 500 members backstage.
9. Élage Diouf holding my hand in pure excitement, all the way from the stage to the artist holding room after winning World Music Album of the Year.
10. Dearly Beloved dedicating ‘You Are the Jaguar’ to my knee-high Converses during their JUNOFest set at the Rivoli.
Not to mention all the awesome friends I made at each and every event! Until next year!
Posted on March 29, 2011, in Sound Bites and tagged Arcade Fire, City & Colour, Dan Hill, Dearly Beloved, Elage Diouf, JUNO Cup, Neil Young, Randy Bachman, Royal Wood, Sarah Slean. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.