Canadian Music Week 2011
You Probably Missed
1. Makeshift Innocence tearing the room up (literally), mixing the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme into Sublime’s ‘What I Got’
2. Rehan Dalal “destroying the place” with his John Mayer/Stevie Wonder groove. Oh, and his sax player working a bit of ‘Careless Whisper’ into every solo.
3. Jasper Sloan Yip using a $4 banjo to pack the house on his first visit to Toronto. Also, his endearing nuzzling of the mic to push his glasses back up his sweaty face.
4. Freeman Dre & The Kitchen Party‘s impromptu song about Kitchener-Waterloo during soundcheck. It’s not one town, it’s two…
5. Little City‘s guitarist Shaun giving us all a heart attack, rocking spastically at the top edge of the staircase (facing the wrong way, of course) before jumping out into the audience.
Other performances of note (and artists you should definitely check out):
Posted on March 15, 2011, in Sound Bites and tagged Alanna Clarke, Careless Whisper, Freeman Dre & The Kitchen Party, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme, Jasper Sloan Yip, Kitchener-Waterloo, Krystle Dos Santos, Little City, Makeshift Innocence, Maya Solovey, Rehan Dalal, Sublime's What I Got, The R.G Morrison. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.